Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - stand alone compiler

stand alone compiler

Discuss topics that apply across the products, such as the PocketC language, or development in general

Postby ixo111 on Sun Mar 24, 2002 12:56 am

G'day all. I'm new to PocketC, and was
wondering if there was a stand-alone compiler
or a way to invoke pde.exe to compile to
.prc without the IDE? I'd like to use my
normal unix shell environment for editing (the editor included in the IDE isn't fully featured enough) - i note that the Project mode in the IDE seems like it should do what i want (compile a certain file rather than one loaded in to the editor window in the IDE), but when you invoke the compilation, it loads the file and then compiles it. It seems like I can close the window and hit compile each time, which works for now, but if there were a way to invoke pde without the GUI, that would be choice. Anyone know?

Thanks!

ixO111
ixO111
ixo111

Postby tthkbw on Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:33 pm

I, too, find the IDE very unfriendly. I like to use my own editor and run command-line compiles. My suggestions for a command-line version, however, seem to have fallen on deaf ears. Another problem is that the IDE insists on touching files it is only compiling, leading my editor to complain that the file has been changed out from under it.

So, after much screwing around, I finally have a pretty good environment that allows me to use make to compile PocketC files. It's not foolproof--it requires a static setup for the PocketC gui, but it works pretty well.

I run cygwin on Windows, use make, a windows macro program called MacroMaker (available free, search at http://www.download.com) and the PocketC Desktop Edition.

If anyone is interested in the details, feel free to contact me at tbrown.tthkbw@verizon.net and I will forward instructions and sample files.

tthkbw
tthkbw

Postby dcalp on Mon May 20, 2002 2:01 pm

I just want to add my vote to a stand-alone compiler.
Diego

Pocket VisualForms
Visual design for PocketC
http://www.diegocalp.com.ar
dcalp

Return to General Discussion