Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - What's the best way to sell my "shareware"?

What's the best way to sell my "shareware"?

Discuss topics that apply across the products, such as the PocketC language, or development in general

Postby rayburn on Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:23 pm

I'll check it out...
Thanks

Oh, and by the way... Does anyone know of a program that could block reverse-engineering of pocketC apps? or maybe does someone have a project in mind of an app that could block reverse-engineering?
rayburn

Postby lquintal on Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:59 am

I released two main versions of my "flagship" application (P-Lotto for PalmOS):

The first one used databases to store dates and then compare with current date. This was ok for the serious user (those who actually want to pay for using a software), but it was not difficult to hack and most users are not "serious" :(.

In the second version I think I have achieved a reasonable solution: using RPN STRINGS as -very well- described at Handango (and used also by other sites like PDASSI), then coding it in C for Orbforms and JCODE for PalmGear. It works quite well. Of course I prefer JCODE over RPN STRINGS for its freedom of implementation/coding.

I have a DEMO version with some features locked. You can still try the program and then if you register you receive a "unique" registration code and unlock the same program (no need for another installation). If you beam a copy of the registered version to another device it will not work because username is usually different.

Of course it is possible to discover the algorithm I used and produce a key generator...but it will require some examination of the internal code of the application.

Check my program at: http://members.netmadeira.com/lquintal/

L?ɬ?cio
Lúcio
lquintal

Previous

Return to General Discussion