Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Where to put general object

Where to put general object

Discuss topics that apply across the products, such as the PocketC language, or development in general

Postby plapagne on Tue May 13, 2003 1:11 pm

I'm just starting working with OrbForms.
I would like to use a new object in each form, but I don't know where to put the declaration (in wich file?).

I try to make a new file where I would like to set all the global variable, global object,... But when I try to make a include (include "myfile.oc") in the other file, there is a compilation error "identifier already defined" on the first word(object, float,...).

If a put the declaration in a source file from a form only this form could use my new object.

Someone could hepl me?

Thanks.

Pascal
plapagne

Postby Gazza on Tue May 13, 2003 9:05 pm

The include file already exsists,

Rename you main project file .orb into something.txt,

Open the file, and move to the bottom of the file and delete refrences to your include files.

This should work, There may be a better way though,
don't forget to rename the file back to .orb
Gazza

Postby plapagne on Wed May 14, 2003 5:26 am

OK. I do it but it's impossible to make the include in more than 1 file.

How could I make my object include in all the form source file? I have 3 form and I would like to set all the object declaration in one source file.
plapagne

Postby plapagne on Wed May 14, 2003 10:48 am

OK. I find a way to do it.

In the project file (*.orb), the first include is for the file where I put my objects and the globales variables.

And then I have to declare my object in the begin of the fonctions! If I try to declare a new instance in the middle of a fonction, there is a compilation error! May be a compilator bug ?!

Have a nice day
plapagne

Postby Gazza on Wed May 14, 2003 10:07 pm

The correct way of doing it is like this:

// mainForm.oc

// Include Files
#include"objects.oc"

Don't modify the *.orb file except for taking the include files out that you declare in your mainForm.oc
Gazza

Return to General Discussion