Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Update popup lists

Update popup lists

A PocketC native palm library offering native forms and assorted utilities

Postby auzan00 on Fri Oct 26, 2001 10:28 am

I am developping an application using PToolboxLib v7.10 and PocketC v4.1.1.

I need to use Lists related to buttons, but I'd like to change some lists parameters depending on the choice of one particular list.

I tried this but it failed :

n=Fgetstate(LIST5);
if (n==0) {
List (LIST3,0,40,40,6,BUTTON3);
FsetList (LIST3, -1, 6, MOj);
Button (BUTTON3, 0x003,0,40,0,0,"topic"); }
Fctl (UPDATE);

where MOj is the new list I want to see pop up.
So when I select the 0th term in LIST5, I want LIST3 to adapt to MOj[0->5].

It actually works, but :
- the automatic resizing option doesn't work (the size stays as it was before the update)
- I need several pen downs (in an increasing number each time I update) to select sth in the list.

Can you tell me what's wrong ?

Thanks

Fabrice
auzan00

Postby jstadolnik on Fri Oct 26, 2001 12:44 pm

Your code ends up creating objects LIST3 and BUTTON3 multiple times (every time the n==0 block is entered the List and Buttons install calls occur again). You should install each object only once per form.

Also, Fct(UPDATE) doesn't update lists well, use SHOW instead (see the UPDATE documentation for more details).

Joe
jstadolnik

Postby auzan00 on Fri Oct 26, 2001 1:11 pm

Thanks, do you mean that I should recreate my form each time I want to change my lists, or that I should use one list for each case and SHOW the corresponding list ?
auzan00

Postby jstadolnik on Fri Oct 26, 2001 1:36 pm

Just don't re-install the objects...

if (n==0) {
FsetList (LIST3, -1, 6, MOj);
FsetText(BUTTON3,"topic");
}

Joe
jstadolnik

Postby auzan00 on Wed Oct 31, 2001 7:01 am

Thanks

That's a good idea : I actually found a solution that also works, but more "expensive" because I created more buttons and make them visible or invisible depending on my needs. But it works...

Bye
auzan00

Return to Pocket Toolbox