Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - IR Question

IR Question

A PocketC native palm library offering native forms and assorted utilities

Postby Dman on Wed Dec 05, 2001 1:12 pm

Thismight be a silly question, but I'm going to ask anyways. The way I understand the IR command to work is it redirects PocketC's serial commands to the IR port. Now, does this still suck batteries like I was using the serial port, or not?
let me rephrase that, does the data go to the serial port and then the IR port?

http://absolutionstudios.tripod.com
----[self-mutilation or self-empowerment?]----
Dman

Postby jstadolnik on Wed Dec 05, 2001 1:30 pm

The last I knew, the serial and IR communication use the same internal UART in the dragonball processors. This means that you can't do both at the same time.

I would expect a lower power draw with IR than with normal serial... but I could be wrong. I haven't seen the power drain rates specified anywhere.

I recently heard of a palmOS that prevents a 300 baud rate from running on some 20MHz devices (IIIc,Vx).

Joe

Edited by - jstadolnik on 12/06/2001 11:06:50
jstadolnik

Return to Pocket Toolbox