Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - par & resource forms

par & resource forms

A PocketC native palm library offering native forms and assorted utilities

Postby haines on Sat May 11, 2002 12:59 am

I embedded my resource forms prc file into my application. For some reason the program isn't recognizing the embedded forms and crashes at the Fctl(LOAD,FORM)call. I used "par a program.prc forms.prc" to embed the forms. Should I remove the Rsrc=OpenRsrcDb() call? Does anyone know why the program might not recognize the embedded forms?
haines

Postby jstadolnik on Sat May 11, 2002 1:46 am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Should I remove the Rsrc=OpenRsrcDb() call?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Yes, otherwise a new empty resource will be created. However, this shouldn't cause forms to not be found.

First I would use RsrcEdit to check your program.prc to see if the resources are really there.

Did you use PDE or BuildPRC to make the program.prc file?

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby haines on Sat May 11, 2002 12:57 pm

I used BuildPRC supplied with PocketC.
haines

Postby haines on Sat May 11, 2002 1:07 pm

I checked the prc with RsrcEdit and the forms are there. OpenRsrcDb is returning 2 indicating that it is creating an empty resource file. Will the program look for the forms in the empty file first or the embedded forms?
haines

Postby jstadolnik on Sat May 11, 2002 1:46 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I used BuildPRC supplied with PocketC.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Ah, hah. You'll still need to use the OpenRsrcDb call, except use your application name as the database name. Only BuildPRC users should have to do this.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby haines on Sat May 11, 2002 4:29 pm

Thanks Joe! I appreciate the time you spend on supporting your library.
haines

Return to Pocket Toolbox