Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - OS5 does not support square buttons

OS5 does not support square buttons

A PocketC native palm library offering native forms and assorted utilities

Postby Aaron Halbert on Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:54 am

Greetings to the PToolbox forum! :) I am developing a chemistry assistant app, which includes a table of elements. I used square buttons to represent the element boxes, and sadly, my eyes glazed over the comment about OS5 not supporting this type of button. When I loaded my app onto my Tungsten, sure enough, it had the standard buttons. It doesn't look terrible, but I would be interested to know if there's any support that can be added for this feature. Otherwise, I guess I will have to draw it out with other methods, which won't be fun. :o

Thanks!

Aaron
Aaron
Aaron Halbert

Postby jstadolnik on Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:49 pm

Not until recently this was impossible for me to do. There was no way of doing it without crashing an OS5 app. Fortunately, PalmSource just cut a new glue library for OS5 supporting gcc/PRC-Tools (what I use to compile the library) which has a new function for setting the button frame style. I should be able to use this new function to get things working right for the Button() call.

Another option is to use PilRC v3.1 to create resource forms. You can create square buttons with that tool with the RECTFRAME option. It's available now at http://www.sourceforge.net (do a search there for PilRC).

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby Aaron Halbert on Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:54 pm

Hi Joe!

Any idea on when this will be available? This app is for one of my classes, and I'll need to have it finished by mid-Feb. It would be great if I could remedy this problem by then! (if not, I will look into PilRC)

Aaron

Aaron
Aaron
Aaron Halbert

Postby jstadolnik on Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:12 pm

I don't know if I'll have the next official public release out by then, but if you send me your email I'll send you beta with the fix when I implement it (likely just a few days).

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
jstadolnik

Postby Aaron Halbert on Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:38 pm

I tried to send you my email address through the email form on here--not sure it worked. My email is aaron @ pocketloft.com. Thanks so much!

Aaron
Aaron
Aaron Halbert

Postby jstadolnik on Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:20 am

I'll email it to when I have it implemented.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
jstadolnik

Return to Pocket Toolbox