Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - when will be released the next version of PToolbox

when will be released the next version of PToolbox

A PocketC native palm library offering native forms and assorted utilities

Postby r2k on Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:58 am

what happened to the author of library becuase no new version has been released since 6/29/2003; and i wanna know the opinion of the author , if he doesnt have time to improve maybe someone can invest some time to improve it and release new version
r2k

Postby jstadolnik on Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:19 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
what happened to the author of library becuase no new version has been released since 6/29/2003; and i wanna know the opinion of the author , if he doesnt have time to improve maybe someone can invest some time to improve it and release new version
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I did release a v7.6.2beta last spring (see http://pocketc.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3183), but I have not made that release official.

The lack of developement on my part stems from a number of factors including: I now have more kids, a much more demanding job, and other interests. Also, I think PocketC is waning due to other cheaper/free compilers appearing over the past few years (as well as users switching to OrbForms)(this is directly reflected in the decay of the number of pocketc forum post over the past few years). Then there's the waning of the PalmOS itself in the market. Over the past year I've grown skeptical to whether any PalmOS devices will be made 3 years from now.

That said, I'm still planning to squeeze out one last PToolbox release (mainly so the library will work with OS6) sometime this spring when my schedule clears up. I've been swamped for quite some time with other things.

With regards to handing off the code to others... we'll that's possible. The code has few comments and some parts are quite complicated (notably the forms and database sections). My biggest concern is that releasing the code as-is would generate quite a number of requests for assistance, of which I have NO time to support. As such I'm very leery of releasing the code, though to a person with the right credentials... perhaps.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby r2k on Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:31 pm

thas for you answer that was so quickly :), thanks for you info i'll be waiting for you nesxt release, and i love your library because i can code in my palm with it :). this is the principal reason to use pocketc isntead any other ... can i ask for any feature ??
can be possible to change the title of dynamic form /dialogs on the fly?

example : the same thing that you can do with FsetText() but with forms and dialogs ?
r2k

Postby jstadolnik on Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:57 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
can i ask for any feature ?? can be possible to change the title of dynamic form /dialogs on the fly?

example : the same thing that you can do with FsetText() but with forms and dialogs ?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

This feature already exists. Just use an ID of 0 in FsetText() to change the title of the current form or dialog. (This is documented in FsetText().)

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Return to Pocket Toolbox