Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Make Cdropdown grow to fit items

Make Cdropdown grow to fit items

User interface libraries written in PocketC

Postby shayneham on Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:41 am

I am using 2 dropdowns in my program, and due to the busy nature of the screen they reside on , they are scrunched on the right side of the screen with only about 50 pixels of width to use. The items shown in these dropdowns vary based on a database imported from the users desktop computer, and many times will exceed the amount of space the dropdown provides width wise, so they end up getting cut off. I dont really care about it being cut off in its normal state, but I would like to change the Controls.h file so that when the dropdown is shown, it stretchs over to the left another 50 pixels in order to show more. Which function would I want to look at, I am guessing I would just need to add one or two +50's in the code in order to achive this.

Thanks,

Shayne Hamel
Quote Software
shayneham@attbi.com
Shayne Hamel
Quote Software
shayneham

Postby jstadolnik on Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:14 am

Hello Shayne,

I thought you were using the PToolboxLib on your current project? If so, you can easily do this with a list object (which has a bogus button ID assigned to it), Fctl POPLIST, and Fresize().

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby shayneham on Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:26 am

Well, now I am using ptoolbox but I also still use Ccontrols for some parts too just because I have not gotten around to switching it out, and truthfully, unless I run into a specific reason like hit a sizing limit which I have done in the past, I don't plan on switching it out anytime soon. Although I may have hit that specific reason with another problem I am now experiencing with a Listbox. That is for a new topic though :).
Thanks for the reply Joe.

Shayne Hamel
Quote Software
shayneham@attbi.com
Shayne Hamel
Quote Software
shayneham

Postby dcalp on Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:03 am

Hi Shayne:
This may help you. For CControls dropdown.
Give to your dropdown a width of 100 and let it placed were it is now (aprox. x=110 ?). When you open the list it will acomodate automatically extended to the right. The only flaw of this is a little "noise" at the two last pixels of the first item.

Regards

Diego

DC

Pocket VisualForms
Visual design for PocketC
http://pocketvf.port5.com
http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/pocketvf
Diego

Pocket VisualForms
Visual design for PocketC
http://www.diegocalp.com.ar
dcalp

Postby shayneham on Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:41 am

Diego, that worked perfect, and the noise I just cover up with a line right after drawing the dropdown.
Thanks,

Shayne Hamel
Quote Software
shayneham@attbi.com
Shayne Hamel
Quote Software
shayneham

Return to CControls and PocketGUI