Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:112)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:112)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:112)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:112)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - oc.exe doesnt allow for output filename?

oc.exe doesnt allow for output filename?

Postby Aqua32 on Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:40 pm

Hi,

Im compiling a prc using the commandline (actually through a text editor.. I have tried putting what I *want* the output file to be called but no matter what I put, its always "out.prc"...

Could you make a command line option so the prc can have a filename of my choosing instead of "out.prc"?

Thanks much..

Why am I using a text editor? Architect keeps crashing if it encounters a certain error..
Aqua32

Postby dewey on Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:12 am

Can you be more specific about the crash? I'd like to fix that.

Sorry about this - that was an oversight. The internal version of oc.exe we use here does support this, so I hadn't noticed that it was missing. I'll update that soon.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby Aqua32 on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:45 pm

Okay, that would be super (definable output file).

I haven't been able to pinoint it yet but I can explain what I was doing some times..

MOST times its RIGHT after the compiler says theres an error with my code. A message box pops up and tells me about it, I click OK, and boom.

One time it was when I was hilighting a bit of text to copy..

Like I said, I can't pinpoint it but if I do, Ill list the steps to reproduce this problem...

Also, the reason I think it could be some sort of memory leak is because it doesn't happen right off the bat.. It takes about 20 minutes of actively writing, compiling, etc for this to happen.
Aqua32

Postby dewey on Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:07 am

Memory leaks don't cause crashes, so this is unlikely the problem. It is more likely to be the symbol parser, which provides the ability to do code completion and calltips. It runs in the background and during some editing operations.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby dewey on Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:18 am

Are you running XP? If so, I can give you instructions for giving me a minidump of the next crash you hit.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby Aqua32 on Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:28 pm

Yeppers.. XP Pro SP2..
Aqua32

Postby dewey on Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:47 am

1. Hit "Start | Run", and enter:
ntsd /gG "c:\program files\pocketc architect\architect.exe"
This which launch the Windows debugger window.
2. Do stuff in the app until it crashes, which will cause it to break into the Windows debugger.
3. In the debugger window, type:
.dump /mf c:\dump.dmp
4. Type "q" to exit the debugger.
5. Send me the c:\dump.dmp file.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby Aqua32 on Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:15 am

Its 38MB! Do you still want it? Or are there some other options I might use to shorten it or something..

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=4261 (13MB Zipped)

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=4224 (38MB Unzipped)
Aqua32

Postby dewey on Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:00 pm

Thanks. I'll take a look at it.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby dewey on Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:26 pm

I no longer have the debug symbols to match the build of Architect you are using. Please email me directly (dewey@orbworks) so that we can resolve this.
dewey
Site Admin

Return to PocketC for Palm OS Suggestions