Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Calling handlers

Calling handlers

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby iboehme on Fri Jul 05, 2002 11:45 am

Why can?Ǭ¥t I call a handler by code? If - for example - if have a list and the <i>onselect</i> handler updates the info for each entry of the list (when selected), how can I initialize this behavior, like

<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>lstCity.onselect();</font id=code></pre id=code>

I always get the <i>Not a member of this struct</i> error message. Any idea? Or do I realy have to type the same code twice???

Thnx
iboehme

Postby design4use on Fri Jul 05, 2002 5:52 pm

From the little I know the 'proper' way to do this seems to hbe to ave a function that does the stuff you want like updateMyList() and then call that function from both the onSelect handler and from your code.
design4use

Postby dewey on Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:14 am

Except for custom gadget event handlers, you cannot directly call a handler. design4use is correct, you should separate any repeated code into a separate function which is called by both the handler and your other code.
dewey
Site Admin

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect