Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Transparency in Bitmap question->enh. request

Transparency in Bitmap question->enh. request

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby design4use on Wed Jul 10, 2002 8:28 pm

I was wondering whether bitmaps either embedded or added to a project could have a transparency flag set such that every pixel with color e.g. rgb 255,0,255 would render transparent/as background color.
I noticed this seems to be the case for the application icons where pink areas render trasnparent. Is this possible with Orbworks now? If not please consider it a request :-)
design4use

Postby PenreeSoft on Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:31 pm

You could always test it :)

If you want it, RsrcEdit can do it...

Nicholas J. Penree
PenreeSoft
http://www.penreesoft.com
Nicholas J. Penree
PenreeSoft
http://www.penreesoft.com
PenreeSoft

Postby dewey on Fri Jul 12, 2002 4:01 am

The color 255,128,255 (a shade of pink) will be treated as transparent in all bitmaps/icons >= 4 bits per pixel. I can't seem to find that in the docs, so I will add it.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby design4use on Wed Jul 17, 2002 6:14 pm

For some reason this does not seem to work for me. I have images embedded in a Ui Gadgets, each of which includes an 8-bit version. Each of the images has an area filled with the color 255,128,255 (verified x times with photshop and other imaging programs). I then draw the image, which works, but the pink area that is supposed to be trasnparent, draws white regardless of what the underlying color on the gagdet was at that position and regardless of what I set the bg color of the draw object to. How is it supposed to behave? Anythink I can look out for to fix this?
design4use

Postby dewey on Sun Jul 21, 2002 5:02 pm

There was a related bug in v1.1, but I don't know if it affects this problem. Try this again with v1.1.1 when it is released (early this week). If it is still not working, email me the project.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby design4use on Tue Jul 23, 2002 5:19 pm

So I upgraded to 1.1.1 when it came out and the code behaves the same. So I wonder what should I be seeing when I draw, say, a rectangle in dark blue and then draw a picture on top of that? Currently the "transparent" areas are drawn in white, regardless of the settings of the Draw object. I will try to create the smallest possible project that is able to highlight the problem and will send it to you...
design4use

Postby design4use on Fri Jul 26, 2002 3:45 pm

It turns out there was little wrong with the code I tested, not with OrbWorks, but instead one of the graphic conersion programs shifted the palette entry that was thought to be transparent to a color slightly different then 255,128,255. So once I used the supplied examples for the sample application icon things looked great and transparency worked. For those interested how it was tested, here is an example source code for a UIGadget that draws a blue rect on a white background, then draws an image with transparency right over the edge between white and blue backgrounds:

// gadget declaration

@bitmap Bitmap transpTest {
id = 3010
image1 = "icon_l1.bmp"
image8 = "icon_l8.bmp"
}

object myGadget {
// A UIGadget must always be the first member of a gadget
UIGadget gadget;
Draw draw, dBuffer;
// default event handlers
void onopen();