Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Encryption

Encryption

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby cees_alberts on Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:39 am

I'd like to write procedures to encrypt and decrypt using XORing.

Now my questions concerning this are;
1. How save is it to use a hardcoded key in my application to XOR with?
2. Is it easy to disassemble an orbforms designer application and find out what the key is?
3. Is there another saver option to do this? If so, how does it work? I know that it's probably saver to put the key somewhere in a database but which database should I use, how does it work and is this really a saver option?
cees_alberts

Postby design4use on Sat Dec 14, 2002 4:31 am

I am no expert but you could generate the key algorithmically everytime the application runs, based on a few know properties or system attributes
design4use

Postby cees_alberts on Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:24 am

That could be a good idea.

I could use the Palm username for instance and add something to it.
For instance if my Palm username is 'john doe' I could make the key '12john doe21'. It would work if the encrypted code is only used on the palm it is generated on.

Thanks for the hint in the good direction...
cees_alberts

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect