Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Debugging Tungsten m550

Debugging Tungsten m550

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby kac on Mon Feb 03, 2003 2:45 pm

I have received a report of a problem with one of my apps during the onDraw handler with a user that has a Tungsten m550 OS5. Anyone aware of how I can test the Tungsten functionalityy using the PalmSim?

Any suggestions are appreciated.
kac
kac

Postby kac on Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:27 pm

Maybe I can place a follow up question here. Does anyone know of any peculiarities concerning the Palm Tungsten m550 I should consider?
kac

Postby dewey on Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:19 am

If you download the Palm Simulator, you can test against OS 5 (but not the Tungsten ROM in particular). I am not aware of any peculiarities and have not yet seen any problems running on OS 5 : high-res support coming soon :).
dewey
Site Admin

Postby kac on Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:26 am

Thanks Jeremy,

I have the Sim but as you mentioned it does not have specific ROMS like the Eumulator does. I don't intend for this post to imply a problem with Orbworks, it is in my code somewhere, I just cannot see the problem without an emulator type function.

Orbworks has been my intro into the palm development world and I have really enjoyed the product and have had success with it's use.

Again I'll ask the forum community if anyone has run into any peculiarities with the Palm Tungsten m550 they can share with me.

My specific bug report is the text I'm writing to the display via dr.text(); in the onDraw handler (along with the other dr.xxx methods)is disappearing. This same code works on OS5 using other hardware.
kac

Postby kac on Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:13 pm

Good News!
I was able to determine that something was corrupted in the upload process to palmgear.com. I don't know what was wrong, however I uploaded the file again and all seems fine. This is why I had trouble duplicating the problem obviously.

Thanks for the replies.

kac
kac

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect