Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Questions about Add-Ins

Questions about Add-Ins

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby sentinel101 on Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:19 am

First of all, congratiulations for this awesome product, it's
everything I dreamed of. Now my problem:

I tried to use the OrbSort-AddIn to get some knowledge about
Add-Ins because I want to develop something for XML parsing.

#include "add-ins/OrbSort.oc"

After building and starting it in the emulator I get the message
"Unable to load native add-in 'OrbSort'". After that I manually
loaded the OrbSort.prc in the emulator. My application then
started normally but the first call to the add-in failed:

int gcd(int u, int v)
{
int arr[5] = { 3,4,2,1,5 };
sort(arr, 5, sizeof(int), "<"); => FAILURE

"Addr: 136, Func: gcd, invalid global reference"

Any idea what's happening here ? Is it possible to get the
Add-In-PRC uploaded to the emulator automatically when I'm not
working in STANDALONE-Mode ?

Many more questions to come :-)

Greetings,

Michael
sentinel101

Postby sentinel101 on Sat Mar 01, 2003 10:18 am

It seems that the problem lies in using a local array for the
sort instead of a global one which doesn't cause the error.

Are there any limitations for Add-Ins in usage of stack memory
instead of heap/static memory as parameters ?

Another question: I'm user of the PRC-Toolchain in combination
with Falch.Net-Studio. Is it possible to use it for building
add-ins or do I have to use CodeWarrior ?
sentinel101

Postby dewey on Sat Mar 01, 2003 1:39 pm

You should be able to pass locals to a native add-in. I will take a look at this.

You can build an add-in with GCC (including Falch.net), but we don't currently supply a sample makefile. Use the sample source code and build a project based on the settings in our add-in documentation and you should have no problems.
dewey
Site Admin

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect