Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Use of Colour

Use of Colour

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby Tom Connell on Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:20 am

Can someone tell me how to turn on colour in the UI?? I am playing with the demo and the Sony Clie Simulator, but although other apps display their UI's in colour (I have used colourize to alter the defaults) Orbforms are always black & white?? Is this something that cant be done in the demo or is OrbForms only monochrome?? This would drastically reduce its usefulness IMHO.

Thanks

Tom Connell
Tom Connell

Postby dewey on Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:40 am

The only way I can think of for you to actually turn OFF the color is by calling UIApp.setdepth(1) to set the display to black and white. Are you doing this?
dewey
Site Admin

Postby Tom Connell on Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:28 am

No, In fact I am setting the colour depth to 8 and I have also tried 16. Could this be a problem with compatability between Orbforms and the Sony simulator. The released runtime doesnt work with it and I was sent an updated runtime that does work.

It is strange as I have other monochrome apps whose UI's do display in colour. It almost seems if the Orbforms runtime is deliberately selecting black as the pen colour when drawing UI elements.

Tom Connell
Tom Connell

Postby dewey on Fri Mar 14, 2003 3:08 am

I don't see this behavior on the Clie Simulator. OrbForms does not draw its controls, so this would be higly improbable. Are you seeing the problem with the sample apps, or just your app?
dewey
Site Admin

Postby Tom Connell on Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:31 am

Sorry this is me.

I used colorize to set a up a colour scheme and checked it with some other apps. I then exited the simulator and went back later to play with some of the orbforms examples and then found that they were not displaying in colour. I did not recehck other apps and I have just realised I did not save the simulator setup the first time around so the colour scheme was lost when I exited.

Its a pity that the simulator does not autosave this so that it works like a Clie. You automatically assume it will be as you left it when you return!!

I shall have to watch I dont trip over this one again!

Thanks for your help anyway!!

Tom Connell
Tom Connell

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect