Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Help with Categories

Help with Categories

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby kac on Fri Apr 11, 2003 11:55 am

Could someone direct me to documentation or give some pointers on using Categories. I am creating a blank info block and setting category names. When I close the application and then reopen it, the category names are no longer in the appinfo block. I am not creating the infoblock using the setappinfo stmt.

Also, once I get this working, how do I retrieve the records for a particular category, do I have to read each record and compare it somehow to the category, is this associated with each record and where.

If there is some documentation explaining this, perhaps just direct me to that and I'll do my homework, otherwise .... HELP! :)

kac
kac

Postby kac on Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:45 pm

OK, I figured out why I wasn't getting the categories to be retrieved when I reopen the database. The only thing could use some input on now is the logic flow of filtering records by category when displaying a list. Also any documentation describing this. I have read the Palm Programmers companion Vol. 1 and it helped some. Are there any other resources?

kac
kac

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect