Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Problem with 5-way navigator on Treo 600

Problem with 5-way navigator on Treo 600

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby dinesh on Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:56 pm

I've been trying to handle the 5-way navigator on my Treo 600 in an app I'm writing. I've had some trouble, so I've gone for the simplest test: set focus to a certain input field any time onhkey() is called:

handler mainForm.onhkey() {
fieldInput3.grabfocus();
}

What I have found is that this function is called if I press the up or down keys, but not left, right, or select. Has anyone else seen similar behavior? Is there something simple I'm doing wrong? Is the 5-way navigator somehow different on a Treo than it is on, say, a Tungsten?

Thanks for any help!
dinesh

Postby dewey on Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:09 am

This sounds like a problematic test, since the field may be eating the keys. A better test would be to change the text of a label to say which direction was pressed.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby dinesh on Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:49 am

Thanks for helping out with this problem.

Based on your advice, I tried:

handler mainForm.onhkey(){
fieldInput3.text = (int)event.key;
}

The result is that pressing up causes the field to show 4, and pressing down causes the field to show 5 (these are the expected values for evUp and evDown). Pressing left, right, or select cause no change to the field.

I tried the same thing on my friend's Tungsten T, and there the left, right, and select buttons changed the field output to 6, 7, and 8, the expected values.

So, it seems like mainForm.onhkey() just doesn't get called on the Treo when left, right, and select are pushed.

Is there something else I should try? Thanks for the help!
dinesh

Postby FrankG on Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:22 pm

I ran into this same problem trying to use the 5Way on a LifeDrive and likewise set up the same test you show with only up and down giving a response. The button press also doesn't respond.

I have no fields in my app.

Regards,
Frank
FrankG

Postby jlb0430 on Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:14 pm

I have found the same problem on the Treo 650. In my app, I used a switch statement to show an alert box dislaying which direction was selected.

Has anyone found the solution for this problem?

Thanks,

Jeff
jlb0430

Postby jlb0430 on Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:29 am

Jeremy,

What is the difference using onhkey() on the newer units? I used hookhard(true) in the app.onstart() handler of the application code but it still didn't work correctly.

I tried some other units that I have with the following results:

Zire71 - worked as expected.
TungstenT2 - worked as expected.
Treo600 - only evUp and evDown worked.
Treo650 - only evUp and evDown worked.
TungstenT5 - only evUp and evDown worked.
TungstenE2 - only evUp and evDown worked.

Thanks,

Jeff
jlb0430

Postby dewey on Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:11 pm

The newer devices use a different set of APIs for reading the 5-way control. Clever, isn't it? This will be fixed in the next version.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby nmc on Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:14 pm

Jeff,

you can add the T3 and the QOOL QDA 700 to the list of hardware woking fine with the current orbforms code for the navigator.
nmc

Postby jlb0430 on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:09 pm

Jeremy,

When can we expect the next version? What other features do you plan to add?

Thanks,

Jeff
jlb0430

Postby dewey on Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:52 am

>64k code is one of the major new features that is already finished. v4 will probably not be released until early '06.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby sgibson on Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:38 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dewey</i>
<br />>64k code is one of the major new features that is already finished. v4 will probably not be released until early '06.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Is there any possibility of getting a patch with the 5-way fix before the release of version 4?

Thanks,
Steve

--
perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
-Steve
sgibson

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect