Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Creator IDs in use on a given Palm?

Creator IDs in use on a given Palm?

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby md10bldr on Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:13 pm

Hello -
Is there any easy way to determine the creator IDs that are already in use on a given Palm device? I've been witing a number of little program that will only be used on my own palms, and so far I've just been using "MyAp", and sequentially incrementing the last digit. I's like to be able to see what creator IDs are already in use on my devices befor I start crating problems for myself with ID conflicts. I am registered over at PalmDeveloper, so I can get new Creator IDs, but would rather not use up IDs for programs that will never be used by anyone besides me.

Thanks!
md10bldr

Postby dewey on Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:27 pm

There is really no harm in grabbing a range of creator ids. But if you prefer not to, you can safely use the OrbForms sample ids:
OFs0 - OFs9 (as long as you don't install one of the samples, of course). MyAp is safe for personal use as well, since we registered that one for the project wizard.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby dewey on Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:29 pm

To answer the original question, you can find out all the creator ids in use on your palm by enumerating the databases of type appl. You will then need to open the databse to find out its creator id.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby FrankG on Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:03 pm

...or use some simple file browser like FileZ.

Frank
FrankG

Postby md10bldr on Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:56 pm

Thanks for the responses -
FileZ certainly looks handy. Looking though the files on my Zire72, I have to say I didn't really appreciate just how many files are loaded.
md10bldr

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect