Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - UIList Border

UIList Border

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby kda406 on Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:21 pm

Is there an <b>easy</b> way to use the UIList without its border?

I am creating a new app and want it to look very much like the built in address book. In other words, a list of records, single click to jump into that record. I have found the UIList <i>without the use of popup</i> to be an easy way to implement this. However, the border looks silly in this context.

I glanced at setdrawfunc, but I don't want to spend a couple of man weeks trying to recreate the wheel. Is there any other way to do make the list look more like address book (i.e. no borders on a list)?

TIA,
Kyle
kda406

Postby fabian1131 on Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:39 pm

hi, i would say, if it fills the whole screen, then make it bigger that the outer lines are outside of the screen?
or just draw a white line/frame over the outline?! i don't know if it works.
you said that you write a program which imports the addresses or something like that?
how did you do that? do you think that it is possible to explain how you did that to display a whole address in a form there?
thank you very much

fabian

++ Vielen Dank dass Sie meinen Post lesen++
++ Thank you for reading my post ++
++ Merci beaucoup pour lire ma poste ++
++ Grazie per lettura del mio messaggio ++
++ Vielen Dank dass Sie meinen Post lesen++
++ Thank you for reading my post ++
++ Merci beaucoup pour lire ma poste ++
++ Grazie per lettura del mio messaggio ++
fabian1131

Postby kda406 on Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:17 am

Fabian,

I tried your suggestion of drawing lines on top of the UIList, but it appears the list is drawn "last". In other words, I can draw a line anywhere else on the screen, but not on top of the UIList. I'm sure my lines are there, they are just "under" the UIList.

My program does <b>not</b> import data from the address book. I want my program to LOOK like the familiar address book so my users will automatically know how to use my program when they use it for the first time.

I have already made the UIList wider than the screen in order to remove the vertical (side) lines, but would still like to get rid of the horizontal (top & bottom) lines to make the app LOOK more like address book.

-Kyle
kda406

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect