Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - IDE bug, or user error?

IDE bug, or user error?

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby md10bldr on Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:36 pm

Two Questions:
1.) Duplicate files - Has anyone else come across this problem?
After laying out my mainform with labels and controls, I created a second (modal) form . Clicking on the new "OK" button on the bottom of the modal form and clicking on "onselect" in the inspection window, I get a new source code file that matches the name of the modal form along with the new event handler.

So far, everything is working as expected.....

When I go back to the mainform, and click "onselect" for the button that is suppose to invoke the modal form, I get a <b>second</b> mainForm.oc source code file. Is this right? I tried deleting the second mainForm.oc file, and pasting the event handler into the original mainForm.oc file, and now the program no longer loads properly. Instead, I get an error message from the emulator that says "Skipped resource ofCD 0 while importing C:\Documents and settings\c316552\My Douments\PalmCom3\PalmCom3.prc".

2.) What's the best way to reuse forms that were laid out in the form designer? It seems as if the only way to do this is to copy the whole project, and rework it from there. But then I seem to run into the problem noted above.

Can any one shed some light on what I'm doing wrong, or if this a known IDE bug? Or maybe some pointers on using the IDE properly for file mangement?

Thanks!
md10bldr

Postby dewey on Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:51 am

This sounds like it should work. What do you mean by a second mainForm.oc? There can only be one file by that name in the project directory. Did you create the project from scratch, or try to copy an existing project to a new folder?
dewey
Site Admin

Postby md10bldr on Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:50 pm

It was a copy of a project - you know, progressive copies, in case I have to turn back. I get duplicate mainForm tabs in the editor. comparing the two tabs, they are similar, but not identical. I wouldn't be too suprised to find out it was something I did. Do you have any pointers on how to use the IDE when copying or importing soucre code?
Thanks.
md10bldr

Postby dewey on Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:00 am

In the .orb file, there is a @project section which maps forms to their implementation files. It sounds like yours might have gotten out of whack.

There is no easy way to copy from one project to another, so here is the best I can do:
1. Create a form in the new project
2. Copy/paste the form code from the original project to the new project
3. Close the new project
4. Open the .orb files, and copy the form definition from the old project to the new one.
5. Ensure that none of the ids for forms/controls in the new project conflict with existing ids
6. Re-open the new project
dewey
Site Admin

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect