Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Beaming to Laptop - Help Please

Beaming to Laptop - Help Please

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby Cyplesma on Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:22 am

Hello All,

I need to beam a pdb file to a computer/laptop with the infared port on my PDA, (Tungsten E). I did see some other topic about using IrComm, is this want I need to use?

Any sample code available?

I got my OrbWorks app almost finished, with this ir feature being the only thing left I need to include.

I'd rather not have a user go search through the files to beam it to the laptop, I'd rather they beam the portion of the database they need to send. I have one pdb file that contains all the user's records. I want just what's going to be sent (subset of records), which I plan on creating a pdb file just for the data their going to send. but... I just need to know how to send it via the Ir port. I understand there other other methods but I don't want to use them if I can use the Ir port for this feature.

I may need to add hotsyncing the whole pdb file later but I think I can make that happen via VB6, or VBA. by referencing the right dlls.

Mike
Cyplesma

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect