Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - NetSample hangs Garnet Sim then err 4628

NetSample hangs Garnet Sim then err 4628

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby allengwinn on Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:04 pm

Any idea why, when compiling the "out of the box" network demo and running it on the Treo 650 simulator, it would hang, then return error

"Unable to receive, err=4628"

several minutes later?

I can see it opening sockets outbound from the PC, and the receiving host shows inbound connection. However, it looks like no data is getting transmitted or received.

I've obviously tried changing host and port (such as port 25) just to mess around.

I've also checked the Netlib passthrough using the built-in Web application. It works just fine. So this seems to be a problem unique to Orbforms.

------ UPDATE

I was reading through the docs at Palmone. Seems they didn't port the INetMgr stuff, and therefore don't support it. So if this is the library, then Orbforms is somewhat useless for Treo network development.

Oh well... it was a nice thought!
allengwinn

Postby Rudi on Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:14 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by allengwinn</i>
<br />Any idea why, when compiling the "out of the box" network demo and running it on the Treo 650 simulator, it would hang, then return error

"Unable to receive, err=4628"

several minutes later?

I can see it opening sockets outbound from the PC, and the receiving host shows inbound connection. However, it looks like no data is getting transmitted or received.

I've obviously tried changing host and port (such as port 25) just to mess around.

I've also checked the Netlib passthrough using the built-in Web application. It works just fine. So this seems to be a problem unique to Orbforms.

------ UPDATE

I was reading through the docs at Palmone. Seems they didn't port the INetMgr stuff, and therefore don't support it. So if this is the library, then Orbforms is somewhat useless for Treo network development.

Oh well... it was a nice thought!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

4628 is "socket close by remote" ...
this always happens, if the destinationhost port is not open or behind a firewall:

Network net;
Socket soc;
string ip;
string host = "www.palm-computer.org";
int err;
net.open();
net.timeout = 100;

if(!soc.open(netAfInet,netSockStream,netProtoIpTcp)) {
net.getHostByName(host, &ip);
<b>// PORT 93 ??? never open :) to demonstrate the error.</b>
ip = ip + ":93"

err=soc.connect(ip)) {
soc.close();
alert(err);
}
net.close();

Try to test this on simulator and use a host outside your intranet (use google or somewhat else)

Regards,
Rudi
Rudi

Postby allengwinn on Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:31 pm

No, it seems to be hanging on send. I'm not showing anything even sent. This is not a firewall issue. TCP seems to open correctly. Just once the connection is established, that's where things fail. I just compiled and installed the netsample project (out of the box) with no mods. It failed. Then I changed to open a webserver (port 80) on a computer sitting on my own network. It failed. Then I wrote a quick program to open port 25 on my mailserver to see if the problem was s.recvs. It failed.

Then I installed a "regular" net app (vwhois) I found on the net. It worked fine on the sim.

Orbforms network stuff is broken on the Treo 650 sim.
allengwinn

Postby dewey on Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:53 am

The error code is easy to explain based on the hang. However, I don't know why it would be hanging. I just downloaded the current 650 simulator and don't see any issues. The 650 simulator does tend to peg my CPU when not expected (and not running OrbForms apps). While the simulator hangs, is the CPU pegged? The the emulator hung, or just the app running in it?

Also, the Palm Simulators are not known for their stability. Does this happen on the Palm Emulator (a much, much more solid product)?
dewey
Site Admin

Postby allengwinn on Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:53 pm

The app hangs in the simulator. I can right-click on it and bring up the config menus. But the application seems to hang in a blocked network state. I can't click "Applications" to get out of it. I can reset it (soft or hard).

The "Resolve" button does what it should, but the "Headlines" event hangs at the s.recvs.

Eventually the sim goes to sleep, and when you wake it up, that's when you get the error.

I can then hit the "Application" button, go back to the launcher and launch the Web app--which works fine.

CPU is very low. I'm seeing cpu rise to about 60% when the Sim does something. When it's idle, it never spikes.
allengwinn

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect