Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Invalid global reference

Invalid global reference

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby Rudi on Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:59 am

Hi,
sometimes - when app go very big - appears following error:
(on Simulator and a real palm)

"Invalid global reference"

after a reset, the same error appears.
after a HARD!Reset without compiling the app new, only install the old app, the error is gone.

i found no way to find the error in my code ...
if im recompile the last version (without any error) and install, then the error appears!
The only way i found is: HARD RESET!

Anybody knows a solution?

regards,
Rudi
Rudi

Postby FrankG on Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:20 am

I ran into this error when a subscript for a globally declared array exceeded the bounds of the array and, I suspect, it possibly pointed beyond the bounds of all of my global declares.

In the routine that encountered the error I put some debugging IF statements to test the values to see if they got too big or too little.

HTH,
Frank
FrankG

Postby Rudi on Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:32 pm

Yes, iknow THIS problem ...

but my app run into this error in this statement:

pacForm.load()

And sure, pacForm is avail!!! and i wrote ... after a HARDRESET (not softreset) the same app run 10-20 times, then the error appears again.

thats happens not only by one application, thats happens if an app goes very very big. i have 3 apps with 8 forms and more and 1000snds line code. all 3 apps, earlier or later, this error appears!

Greets,
Rudi
Rudi

Postby nmc on Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:16 am

You shoulfd first check if all you variables are properly initialised.
After a hard reset, the free memory is filled with 0-Bytes, but if ou run your app several times, the formerly free memory got used and therefor is dirty (non-0). This way, your app wil behave different, especially when using pointers, dynamic arrays etc.
nmc

Postby Rudi on Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:53 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nmc</i>
<br />You shoulfd first check if all you variables are properly initialised.
After a hard reset, the free memory is filled with 0-Bytes, but if ou run your app several times, the formerly free memory got used and therefor is dirty (non-0). This way, your app wil behave different, especially when using pointers, dynamic arrays etc.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yes, all my vars are defined:
string myVar = "";

any vars are not init by default (rg pointers), but set a value bevor first use.

i dont understand, why varmem gets dirty - because orbforms is a runtimesystem and handle all vars and memory by runtime. any garbage collection handles the runtime.

anyway ... i init all my vars structs and pointers by myself.

then, there is a another mysterium:
i start 2 simulators - THE SAME Simulators and do a hardreset on both simulators. after that, i run my app in both sims and do exactly the same things. one simulator say "invalid global reference on xxxForm.load()", the other not. ...

Huh, thats magic ...

Greets,
Rudi
Rudi

Postby mlambrigger on Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:11 pm

In your app did you use preferences to configure a part of the display. Or the forms depends someway of datas??

Marc Lambrigger
Marc Lambrigger
mlambrigger

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect