Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Fatal Exception with menues

Fatal Exception with menues

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby Rudi on Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:21 am

Hi,

i have in my app two states:

"Running" and "Enter Data"

On Running, i dont like that a user call any menu function, on Enter Data, the user can use the menu.

So i tried folowing:

i create 2 menus, one real and one dummy with no entries.

if(running)
xxxForm.menu = dummy.id;
// i tried also xxxForm.menu = "" and = 0;
else
xxxForm.menu = xxxmenu.id;

With this sample, the palm crashed with fatal exception if i put the stylus on "menubar".

Is there any solution of switch menu off while running?

Greets,
Rudi
Rudi

Postby dewey on Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:53 pm

This should work. Can you send me (dewey@orbworks) your project so that I can reproduce it?
dewey
Site Admin

Postby dewey on Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:25 pm

It seems that empty menu bars are not handled correctly by the OS. Instead, you should be setting the menu to 0. Unfortunately, there is a bug in the OS where setting the menu to 0 frees the current menu, but doesn't null out the internal global pointer to the current menu. I have a work around for the next release. In the meantime, I don't have any good advice.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby Rudi on Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:01 pm

okok, now, i have a workaround that works fine for me.

The running-menu now have an single entry "stop". Thats ok, because i have also a stop-button.

with two menues, where both menues have entries:

xxxForm.menu = mymenubar_run.id;
else
xxxForm.menu = mymenubar_edit.id;

works great.

Thanks for support!
Rudi
Rudi

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect