Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Is there something like "onselect" for a field?

Is there something like "onselect" for a field?

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby dlinder on Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:47 pm

I want to have the DatePicker pop up when I tap a field on my screen. I thought there would be an onselect event for the field, but there isn't (at least directly) that I could see.

I can accomplish what I need to do with a button next to the field, but it would be cleaner without the button.

Is there anyway to do this?
dlinder

Postby FrankG on Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:27 pm

I've accomplished this by having a gadget "under" the text field. The gadget reacts to the tap and then I turn the edit field on for editing and give it focus.

In my baseball scoring program (http://www.fgolware.com) I have a table of drawn text on a gadget. I translate the gadget (x,y) tap to the coordinates of the text and figure out what row of text was selected. I move an invisible editable field over the text, load the text into it, make it visible, and make it editable. If another gadget tap comes in outside the edit field, I assume the user is done editing so I shut the editing off, save the text, make the edit field invisible, and move the field out of the way.

It works.

Regards,
Frank
FrankG

Postby dewey on Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:48 pm

It sounds like you really want a selector - the standard OS control for something that displays a value, but launches a form to edit the value when tapped.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby dlinder on Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:59 pm

The gadget sounds like what I want, but I'm VERY new to this and I don't really understand the gadget(and it intimidates me a little).

I'd like to be able to modify the date through graffiti, but the selector sound like the way I need to go for now.

Thank you both.
dlinder

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect