Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Problem with visibility property

Problem with visibility property

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby dlinder on Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:40 am

I have a form where I want to allow entry either by date, or by a number.
If I want to enter a number, I want a field.
If I want to enter a date, I want a selector.

I have the two controls placed one on top of the other, and use visibility to determine which one will show.

When I show the selector, I see only the very top of the control.
When I tap it, the whole control shows.

Even though the field is invisible, the selector is still being hidden behind it.

I tried moving the selector before the field in the project pane, and I tried deleting the field and putting in back on so it would be the last control in the hierarchy. Neither of those work.

I hope this doodle helps.

This is what I see first:
----------

If I tap on it I see this

----------
| Select |
----------

I have another screen that shows two completely different formats based on what I have requested. I used this same visibility process on that screen (it doesn't have a selector) and it worked fine.

Is there something I can do to have the selector show itself correctly?
dlinder

Postby nmc on Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:11 am

Make sure that you
- set the visibility in the onopen() handler (not later)
- first hide the unneeded control and then show the needed control

If that doesnt help (for my forms, it does), you can also try to move the code in the ontimer() handler (so the form is already visible), then
a) hide both controls and afterward show the needed control again or
b) set the visibility to your needs an redraw the entire form

Just be aware of labels, which set themself to visible again when their text is changed.
nmc

Postby dlinder on Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:57 pm

It does work if the code is in the onopen.

The problem is I need it to work when I tap the push button that says I want to enter the data by date.

Even if I start in the date format, if I tap the miles format, it looks fine. When I tap the time format again, they are hidden.

Is there a way it works without outside the onopen procedure?
dlinder

Postby dlinder on Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:53 pm

The problem actually gets even stranger...

I decided to mess around with it. I figured if I moved the fields to another part of the screen, they wouldn't be sitting where my select fields are.

They won't move. I tried changing x,y, and w, but they always stay where they are.

When I do that though, I can see the select controls. But they look like this:

----------
| Select |

I tried setting the x,y and w before making the control invisible and after. No difference.

I tried redrawing the screen. No difference.

I thought setting w to 1 would help, but it didn't change the control at all.

It's kind of acceptable as I have it now, but I don't understand any of the behaviors.
dlinder

Postby nmc on Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:11 pm

> Is there a way it works without outside the
> onopen procedure?
The problem must be in your code, because I have similar needs in one of my projects and there the show/hide works as expected...

Maybe your should post some code for us to see?
nmc

Postby dlinder on Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:49 am

Turns out it only looks bad on the POSE. It looks fine on my Palm.

I don't know why the POSE messes it up, but if it's not going to look good, the POSE is the best place.

Thanks for looking at it.
dlinder

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect