Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Menu Compile Error - Solved

Menu Compile Error - Solved

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby shawn665 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:38 pm

Hi,

I have just started a new app and have not yet even written any code, but have started adding menu entries in the IDE. I used the wizard to create a simple app before I started, so there is some skeleton code there. I find I am getting the following error on compile:

<path>/MyLists.orb(61) all resources must have unique names

The problem is, the name IS unique. Does anybody have a clue what is going on here? If I delete the "offending" menu entry, the error message just moves to the following entry.

Any help is appreciated!
shawn665

Postby shawn665 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:55 pm

I found the answer to this in the archives, but am leaving the topic up since it is a bug in the IDE. If you create more than one separator in the menu builder by using the "insert separator" (right click on items under menu), the separators have the same resource name which causes a build error. However, if the separators are created by the "add separator" command (right click on topmost menu item), unique resource names are generated.
shawn665

Postby dlinder on Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:47 am

Shawn,

So very cool! Thank you.

I had the same problem. When I got the error it put me in some code that had the control names. I had never seen it before, so I editted it. Turns out it's the orb file, which tells you at the very top (which is not where I was), NOT to edit this file. It says that for good reasons. I ended up having to totally rebuild my project to stop getting error messages.

I tried any number of things to get separators. None of them worked.

Excellent find. Thanks again.
dlinder

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect