Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Database error

Database error

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby shawn665 on Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:37 pm

Hi,

I am having trouble getting the getrec command to execute without getting the following error message:

WARNING: OrbFormsRT (3.0.4) called SysFatalAlert with the message: "palmdbmemo.cpp, Line:252, !bRes".

The sample program, Survey, will compile, load and run in the emulator with no problems. I am using the record manager code of the sample program to develop my own database program. I call RecordManager.init() (in my case, named ListManager.init()), and one of the first functions it calls is readRecord, in order to determine if the database exists yet. That in turn uses the database.getrec function to try and return a record from a database. Theoretically, this command would fail on the first run and return false, causing the RecordManager.readRecord to return false so that the database can be created. However, in my case when the getrec command is executed, I get the above error in the emulator.

Can anyone give me a hint why? The following is the line that fails:
if (db.getrec(appPrefs.iList, rec, true)) {
etc.
}

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Shawn Keller
shawn665

Postby dewey on Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:49 pm

That failure means that you are attempting to call getrec on a resource database. On a resource database, you must use getres. Or, ensure that you are creating the database with false the the last parameter to create.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby shawn665 on Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:58 pm

The problem is, this error occurs even before the database is created. Using the getrec command on a non-existing database is how the RecordManager object in the Survey example determines if the database has been created or not. And the weird thing is, it works in the Survey sample but not in my code, even though I copied and pasted the code from the example.
shawn665

Postby shawn665 on Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:02 pm

Found it! I was using the same name for the database as the application name, which I guess is a bad thing. I thought creating the database with a type string of "data" would allow me to use the same name, but I guess not.

Learn something new every day!
shawn665

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect