Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Simple Question Labels and Fields

Simple Question Labels and Fields

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby douglasamcintosh on Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:45 pm

Just playing around with the demo version of orbforms.

Is there an easy (visual, click & drag way) to set the size of labels ? Also inserting text into Fields would be nice too.

Thank you. Apologies if it is an idiot question please just point me to the FAQ with a minimum of abuse.

Douglas

:oops:
douglasamcintosh

Postby dlinder on Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:57 pm

Douglas,

The label sets it's size based on the amount of text it's defined with. If you put five characters in the text property when you define it, and put 6 characters in in the code, you will lose the last character. It will size itself down if you enter fewer characters than you defined it with.

As far as the fields go, I believe you can only set the text in the code.

I haven't been using this for long, but I've found it to be pretty easy to learn and pretty stable. Have fun with it.

Dana
dlinder

Postby douglasamcintosh on Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:13 am

Yep. I managed to get that much through my tiny brain ;)

It's really the multiline part of the label that I want to get working.

And yeh it does look pretty fun and easy.
douglasamcintosh

Postby FlashBIOS on Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:28 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by douglasamcintosh</i>
<br />
It's really the multiline part of the label that I want to get working.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You may have already discovered this, but for multiline lables I've found that using a Field with editable and underline set to false, and multiline set to true works pretty well.
FlashBIOS

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect