Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Subtracting from my record number on a newrec

Subtracting from my record number on a newrec

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby dlinder on Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:20 pm

I'm feeling pretty stupid here.

My code seemed pretty simple, but didnt' work. I put some alerts in and here's what I saw:

alert("0 " + giSteps); -- displays a value of 10
recSteps.History = chkUSHistory.checked;
alert("1 " + giSteps); -- displays a value of 10
db.newrec(&giSteps,rec);
alert("2 " + giSteps); -- displays a value of 9

I've put code in to save the value and restore it after the record is written, but I don't understand why the value got decremented.

Anyone have any ideas?

(I'm using V3 if that matters)
dlinder

Postby nmc on Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:06 pm

where did you get the initial value for giSteps from?

Looks like your db had 9 rec (0-8) before the newrec() call.
nmc

Postby dlinder on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:28 am

nmc,

I wasn't sure what you meant at first, but it hit me after a bit.

If the value of the integer you pass to the newrec function is greater than the number of records in the database, the integer will be reset to the number of records. If the value you pass is equal to or less than then number of records in the database, it is left alone.

Thanks.
dlinder

Postby nmc on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:49 am

The number returned is the index of the new created record; you can also pass -1 to newrec() if you want the new record to be appended.
nmc

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect