Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Menu event passing through to penup

Menu event passing through to penup

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby Tom Miller on Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:54 pm

In my app, one menu option is to switch to a new form for some interactive graphics. When I tap on that menu item, it triggers the onpenup handler within the new form.

Could there be some problem with my code that the pen event associated with tapping the menu should be passing through like this? Or is this an Orb bug?

Thanks,
Tom
Tom Miller

Postby mlambrigger on Mon May 01, 2006 8:45 pm

In my opinion, it might be a system prerogativ. all the menu events are based on the onpendown() event. So when you go in your new form you will activate the on penon() event as you quit the menu position.

Two solution:
first: use the onpenup() if possible in your form
second: use a flag activated by the onpendown event. If the onpenup is called and the flag is not activated, nothing appends. You know the rest!!

I am using this propriety to show images as long as you let the pen (or finger) on the screen. When you release the screen change to the previous form! Works fine! Yeap!! ;-P

Marc Lambrigger
Marc Lambrigger
mlambrigger

Postby Tom Miller on Tue May 02, 2006 1:41 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mlambrigger</i>
<br />In my opinion, it might be a system prerogativ. all the menu events are based on the onpendown() event. So when you go in your new form you will activate the on penon() event as you quit the menu position.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Thanks for your reply, Marc. The more I think about it, the more it seems like an "undesirable feature" for the menu event to pass through the penup event that belongs to the menu event. This still seems like a bug in either the system or OrbC.

Is there any reason one would want to capture the penup event from a menu tap? It does not seem likely.

Regards,
Tom
Tom Miller

Postby mlambrigger on Tue May 02, 2006 6:11 pm

I will finish an app for the mondial in the next week. In this app you will see how it can be used.

Marc Lambrigger
Marc Lambrigger
mlambrigger

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect