Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - How can I do a tab character?

How can I do a tab character?

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby sangahm on Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:59 pm

I am writing a table list of database records using StringList, however I'm having trouble getting the fields to line up correctly.

One thought is to use a tab character so that I can write the fields and separate by tabs, but I can't find anywhere in the docs that mention how to do this.
sangahm

Postby nmc on Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:16 am

I am not sure what your question really was, but you can do the tab char like this:

string str = "col1\tcol2"

I dont know if this will work in an uilist control; if you want to do this properly, use an owner drawn list
nmc

Postby sangahm on Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:23 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nmc</i>
<br />I am not sure what your question really was, but you can do the tab char like this:

string str = "col1\tcol2"

I dont know if this will work in an uilist control; if you want to do this properly, use an owner drawn list
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yes, that does the trick in the uilist control. It does look better, however I'm still getting alignment problems. I think I'm gonna need to do my own list function, which I was hoping to avoid. That will probably solve other obstacles I'm running into (alternate color, sorting, row heighth, etc.)

To clarify what I'm trying to accomplish, I'm trying to make a table list of database records since there is not something already in Designer. I've seen other messages in the forum wanting to do the same thing, but no solid guidance. The closest I've seen, which I'm trying to use as much of the code as possible, is on this thread (with an excellent snippet from you, nmc):

http://pocketc.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3500
sangahm

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect