Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - IDE Bug?

IDE Bug?

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby sjordi on Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:39 am

Hi,
I'm about to buy OrbForms and have downloaded the demo version (4.1.1).

Problem is that the IDE seems to be very buggy.
If in the FormDesigner I click on a control, it correctly selects it.
If I click and want to move it by dragging or to resize it using the control's handle, then it undocks the FormDesigner and turns it as a floating window. It doe not move or resize the controls.

Also, if in the Inspection Window I click on the event handlers to add an event, it doesn't do anything.

What's wrong?

Steve JORDI
Prangins, Switzerland
http://www.sjordi.com
Steve JORDI
Prangins, Switzerland
sjordi

Postby sangahm on Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:25 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Also, if in the Inspection Window I click on the event handlers to add an event, it doesn't do anything.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Are you looking throughout the code window for the correct, associated form to see if a handler was added to the form (it will be very short, about 4 lines)?

I've had this happen very occassionally, and I ended up just typing in the handler code myself (which is not difficult).

I've not seen the first item you mentioned about the FormsDesigner window. I think the IDE is very stable, so I'm not sure why you are getting those results.
sangahm

Postby mlambrigger on Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:58 pm

The IDE is not so buggy.

First, I don't know how you do to undock the formdesigner. I just try yet, but it was unsuccesfull to redo the mistake you have.

It is well known, from me and I hope from others, that when you have just created a control, you can't directly add the event handler. But if you save your project, close the app and reopen the same project, you will be able to click to add.

For me, when I develop a new interface, if I have the time to directly add events and code, I add this by the hand, typing this for a button:

Code: Select all
handler myButton.onSelect(){
    // here is my event code.
}

If you need more help, contact me directly. There was years I use OrbForm

Marc Lambrigger
Marc Lambrigger
mlambrigger

Postby sjordi on Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:13 am

Looks like it's an IDE bug to me.
I uninstalled and reinstalled OrbForms.
Selecting and moving controls in the Form Designer
window works ok as long as you don't make that
window "float".
Once you have done that, drag that Form Designer window
back to the right and dock it back to the top right
part of the IDE.
Make sure that "Docking" is selected in the drop down
menu (top rigth of the window, left to the pin icon).
Now select a control and drag it. The entire Form Designer
window moves to float in the IDE.
Steve

Steve JORDI
Prangins, Switzerland
Steve JORDI
Prangins, Switzerland
sjordi

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect