Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Support for Windows stardard copy/paste

Support for Windows stardard copy/paste

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby sangahm on Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:27 pm

Dewey-

I'd really like to see support for the legacy windows shortcuts, at least copy (ctrl+insert) and paste (shift+insert). I can't tell you how many times I've pasted the wrong stuff since I thought I copied to the clipboard, but I didn't. I keep having to remember ctrl+c and ctrl+v.

Old habits die hard.

Most every other windows program supports both old and new standards. OrbC Designer is the only program I regularly use that does not (even Microsoft supports all of the old set in all of their apps). It shouldn't be that difficult to support.
sangahm

Postby dewey on Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:31 pm

It looks like the app supports shift-insert but not ctrl-insert. Odd. Someone requested this years ago, which is likely how shift-insert got added, but ctrl-insert seems to be broken.

Incidentally, I was researching the history of these 'secret' shortcuts, and they seem to have come from the DOS days. Win31 and later supported them, but always documented the now-standard Ctrl-C/V/X shortcuts.
dewey
Site Admin

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect