Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Accessing the Datebook database

Accessing the Datebook database

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby sangahm on Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:32 pm

I see on these forums that reading & writing to the Palm datebook (calendar) database is not as straightforward as just knowing the structure, but you must also handle sorting the records after adding one.

Has anyone tackled this with OrbDesigner that would like to show how it was done?
sangahm

Postby sangahm on Sun May 06, 2007 6:18 pm

I'll take the lack of response to my previous question as a NO.

So, next question is, if I were going to do this in native mode, how would I go about trying to do this? (I do have the palm sdk docs to refer to).
sangahm

Postby sangahm on Mon May 07, 2007 6:06 pm

Replying to my own post:

After some research, it appears that there were several recommendations to use Exchange Manager and PDI library by sending a vcal entry. The EM will handle the inserting and sorting that needs to be done. This is how hotsync does it. I've looked in the palm SDK documents but the examples don't show how internal programs would send new vcal entry requests.

So now my question is: how can I send a new vcal request to EM and use PDI? Anyone had any experience with this or something similar?

Dewey, any assistance?
sangahm

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect