Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Onboard editor for PocketC Architect

Onboard editor for PocketC Architect

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby Percival on Sat May 26, 2007 1:53 pm

I am working on an onboard editor for PocketC Architect.
Currently, it has the following features:
-Tooltips
-Quickdocs
-Show a list of functions and fields from an object
-Fontbucket support (custom fonts)
-DIA
-horizontal scrolling

For some screenshots, visit http://www.cs.vu.nl/~tljchung/palm/editc_architect

Or download the alpha version: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~tljchung/palm/editc_architect/editc_architect_0.1alpha.zip
Percival

Postby sangahm on Sat May 26, 2007 11:47 pm

This looks very promising. Keep us updated on the progress.
sangahm

Postby JoergB on Tue May 29, 2007 9:31 am

Hey Percival,
It's running very fine on my Lifedrive and looks nice .
I like to code outside on the road with my Lifedrive .
I have looked about this tool, greatly.

:)
so long Joerg
JoergB

Postby Percival on Tue May 29, 2007 6:29 pm

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

I have tried to use my own editor to write a game and came to the conlcusion that there are still more features needed. Expect an update soon ;)

Features to come:
-Set project file
-parse structs and objects, also from included files.
-search/replace
-complete a word, like ctrl+space in the desktop version
-gui designer
Percival

Re: Onboard editor for PocketC Architect

Postby earlcasper on Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:10 am

How do you retrieve the offending file name and insertion point of the error when you return from the compiler?
earlcasper

Postby dewey on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:24 pm

This mechanism is in the PocketC Architect documentation. See the topic "Contents > PocketC Architect Basics > PocketC Architect for Palm OS"
dewey
Site Admin

Postby earlcasper on Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:27 am

I thought that I was following those instructions faithfully, so I did a copy and paste of the 'launchCustomString("PCAr", 0x8002, "Sam.ocp,ECed");'. only changing the file name to Sam.ocp and the creatorID to ECed as you can see. Then I synced the application, and changed the the editor option in the Pocket C Architect compiler my application. When I ran my application it called the compiler OK, but when it found an error and I tapped the go to... button, it returned to the compiler instead of my application just like before. :(
earlcasper

Postby dewey on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:26 am

The app you specify in launchCustomString is only called if the user doesn't use "jump to error". In the case of "jump to error", the compiler will launch the user configured app (which you have configured correctly) with the GoTo launch code. This launch code and its parameters are defined by the OS, and is not supported for calling an OrbC application. So, when the OS launches the OrbC application, the OrbC runtime sees the unknown launch code and just bails out.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby earlcasper on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:27 pm

:D Always one to accept a challenge, I dug into my old cygwin PRC-tools Palm-OS development system and created Archer, a small open-source utility to respond to the compiler's go to call and call a Pocket C Architect program with pretty launchArgs. The user uses 'Archer' as his compiler editor option and the editor developer calls the compiler with "Paer", Archer's creator-id. instead of "PCAr", the compiler's; then when the user taps the go to button, Archer calls the editor with launchArgs of "0,dbname,rec,offset" for a menu and "0,dbname,0,0,offset" for a doc file. The information is also stored in a db called "archer-data" in case the developer wants to use it that way. I figure not everyone wants to delve into the the basic Palm OS language, so I posted my solution on my web page http://www.coconutpalm.org
Last edited by earlcasper on Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
earlcasper

Postby dewey on Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:07 am

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!
dewey
Site Admin

Postby earlcasper on Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:01 pm

I finally got my editor to the place where it could use Archer, and I discovered that apparently Architect programs that are compiled on a palm don't respond well to launch codes, so I'm rewriting Archer to use a palm's version of launch(). :( Much worse I discovered that on my web page I had the wrong creatorID for Archer. :oops: The correct one is 'Arer'.
earlcasper

Postby earlcasper on Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:37 pm

Hey Percival, are you still working on your editor. I've got my editor to where it will download the Architect folder from a PC to a Palm vfs card, move a project from a vfs card to the memo pad, and compile it. I'd like to work on polishing what I've got, point people to your editor, and move on to another project. But I noticed that when I loaded Survey.ocp from the 'PocketC Architect/samples/Survey' folder into your editor, it got truncated. I'm hoping you're still working on it :)
earlcasper

Postby Percival on Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi earlcasper,

Sorry to say this, but I'm not working on the editor anymore. I can try to fix the truncating problem though.
Percival

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect