Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - ORBForms Designer under wine: font problem

ORBForms Designer under wine: font problem

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby fma on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:13 am

Hello,

I've just discovered ORBForms Designer, and it looks great! As a Python developer, I feel very confortable with this language, which has very high level features.

Unfortunaly, I'm developping under Linux, so I tried to use ORBForms Designer with wine; it works, except for the forms fonts: I get strange characters in all widgets. I tried to copy XP fonts to the wine font dir, but it does not change anything.

Any idea?

I also read on old posts that there is a problem to register enter registration code under wine. Is it still the case? I want to be sure before I purchase a license...

Regards,

Fr?ɬ©d?ɬ©ric
Frédéric
fma

Postby sgibson on Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:44 pm

I run Linux as well but do all my Windows work in a VMWare instance. However, after seeing your post I tried OrbForms under Wine. I had the same font issue that you reported and don't have a solution for that.

Here is a screenshot of the font problem: http://www.stevegibson.com/downloads/wine-orbforms.png

But the good news is that the registration worked perfectly for me.

-Steve

--
perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
-Steve
sgibson

Postby fma on Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:13 am

I got the same strange characters... But all works fine under CrossOver, the commercial version of wine; fonts are correctly displayed, there.

And about registration, it didn't work for me, and I had to ask for a registration file.

But OrbForms is a great tool, allowing me to quickly develop nice apps for my Palm!

Fr?ɬ©d?ɬ©ric
Frédéric
fma

Postby FrankG on Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:53 pm

I'm back up on Linux pretty much full time and have a problem where wine apps mostly have no fonts. If anyone finds a fix, please post it here. I've seen suggestions to download the missing fonts with wine-tools but I'm using RHEL5 and can't seem to find the wine-tools that goes along with wine 0.9.43-1.el5.

Thanks,
Frank
FrankG

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect