Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Inspector "Add" button work?

Inspector "Add" button work?

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Inspector "Add" button work?

Postby FrankG on Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:31 pm

The "Add" button in the form inspector used to create a handler method; it doesn't seem to do that when I click on it. "Goto" works but not "Add". I started from a completely new project and have tried clicking and double clicking it - no response. I'm running Windows XP2, pro edition.

I checked for an OFD upgrade but I seem to have the most recent build (4.1.2 build 232 from March 13th, '07.) Any idea?

Thanks,
Frank
FrankG

Re: Inspector "Add" button work?

Postby FrankG on Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:35 pm

Yikes .... after posting the above I went to exit ObForms Designer by clicking the "X" button and it blew up! No helpful info in the windows dialog window.

Curious.

Frank
FrankG

Postby samps on Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:01 am

I checked for an OFD upgrade but I seem to have the most recent build (4.1.2 build 232 from March 13th, '07.) Any idea?

Just adding something to the picture......

Using 4.1.2 build 229, which is a week older than yours, I am unable to replicate your errors on a WinXP Pro SP2 running as a VMWare Workstation virtual machine.

Samps
Ubuntu user #82
samps

Postby samps on Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:19 am

Just downloaded and installed build 232.

Still unable to replicate the errors you mention. Sorry.

Samps
Ubuntu user #82
samps

Postby FrankG on Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:05 am

Samps,
Thank you for trying. I recently got a new laptop from work and there are some odd things here and there that didn't happen with the old laptop. I wonder if there's something odd in the software load.... like the XP fixes that are loaded or not loaded.

:(

Frank
FrankG

Postby nmc on Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:04 am

I also get the not working 'add' button with brand new projects, but no crash on exit.
For my systems (XP, Vista), i create the project, then close orbforms, restart it and then the 'add' button works as exprected.
nmc

Postby mlambrigger on Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:16 pm

The add button has always have a problem when creating a new project. As I remember, you must first save the project, close it and reopen it. Then the add button will work proprely.

When you add controls, remember to always save the project before acting with the add button. I think that the new control is added in the project file only when you save it, so you can't add code to a control that doesn't exist in the project file. It must something like that.
Marc Lambrigger
mlambrigger

Postby FrankG on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:06 pm

Cool.. That seems to work. thank you both.

Frank
FrankG

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect