Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - UI missing in the Help topic file

UI missing in the Help topic file

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

UI missing in the Help topic file

Postby Neilf on Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:28 am

Hello

I’m new to this group, and I recently purchased the PocketC Architect last week. I tried to implement two drop down menus in myForm, File and Help. I was unable to complete this task. Even more frustrating is the User Interface objects UIMenu and UIMenuBar are not in the Help Topic file, only the UIMenuItem. If you look at the examples in the Samples folder, these objects are implemented in the author’s code. My only hope is to install the Orbform Designer Demo, and create the second menu in the “Survey Database” example to see how this is created with code.

Does anyone know how to create two drop down menus in a single form?

-Neil
Neilf

Re: UI missing in the Help topic file

Postby Percival on Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:48 pm

Hi

The info you are looking for can be found in PocketC Architect Basic -> OrbC Resource language (in the documentation).
Just declare another menu inside the menubar.
Code: Select all
menubar UIMenuBar barMain {
      id = 1001
      menu UIMenu menuMain {
        text = "File"
        menuitem UIMenuItem menuFile {
          id = 1005, sysid = 0, text = "File"
        }
      }
      menu UIMenu menuMainOptions {
        text = "Help"
        menuitem UIMenuItem mainOptionsAbout {
          id = 1002, sysid = 0, text = "About", shortcut = "A"
        }
      }
}
Percival

Postby Neilf on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:34 pm

Hi thanks for your help but II tried that already, I got the code from the demo of Orbfroms Designer survey.ocp file. The code draws a blank screen on my palm pilot. I'm considering throwing the compiler reg key and unistalling the software that I got from
Jeremy, and buying another product like Codewarrior or NSBasic.

-Neil
Neilf

Postby dewey on Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:22 pm

If you compile the Survey sample that came with PocketC Architect without any changes, it doesn't work on your device?
When you say "Palm Pilot", are you being literal? If so, the Palm Pilot (Personal and Pro) run OS 2, which is not supported by any of the OrbWorks software. What device do you have?
dewey
Site Admin

Postby Neilf on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:33 pm

No I have the Palm tungsten E, just a general term I stated in the post. I've resolved this issue, but I'm not going to extend any further discussion of this topic agasin

-Neil
Neilf

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect