Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Question about DBWRITEX

Question about DBWRITEX

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby Velvis on Sat Feb 17, 2001 5:52 pm

If I want to associate my databases with my applet(so deleting the applet will delete the databases) can I replace dbcreate with dbcreatex and supply a name and type?

Will this have any effect on the other db access functions in my code?

Thanks
Velvis

Postby stephane on Sat Feb 17, 2001 6:37 pm

Yes, dbcreatex() will let you specify your own Creator ID and Type, whereas dbcreate() uses the default ID of 'PcktC' and type 'user'.

Make sure you use a distinct Creator ID, so as not to cause conflicts with existing applications, ie: 'test' or 'zzzz', unless you have already registered an ID with Palm.

As for the type, I haven't read the docs, so I don't know what this affects. I do know that applets have type 'appl', and most databases use 'Data', so you would be safe with the latter.

Using dbcreatex() should not have any effect on other db access functions, because once the db is created, it is accessed like any other.

hth,

St?ɬ©phane
Stéphane
stephane

Return to PocketC for Palm OS