Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Easier ways for bitmaps?

Easier ways for bitmaps?

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby iebnn on Fri Mar 02, 2001 6:58 pm

Is there an easier way to do bitmaps in PocketC? Because I have a lot of very large graphics in my game and don't like to spend the time to split them into tiles and use BMP2HEX to convert it... I'm having trouble making a program that simplifies this (maybe if I had some example psuedocode of how to go about doing this? I can't get the algorithm right (I'm using VB)). Is there a better program for this? I'm making the graphics on my PC...
iebnn

Postby Vilmos on Sat Mar 03, 2001 12:29 am

I'm curious why you need to split your graphics into tiles. Back when I used BMP2HEX it split them for you and did all the conversions. You have to be careful because the program sometimes mangles the hex length (first two characters) but if you change them manually the graphics work great.

These graphics are slow though, you are better off using a native library for the graphics and then you can use a converter to get them to the Palm. There are many available on PalmGear. I'd recommend PalmRI and then you can just take the graphics right out of the bitmap editor in Visual Studio.

Vilmos
Vilmos

Postby iebnn on Sun Mar 04, 2001 6:04 pm

no, I just tried it, and the strings it generates are waaaaay too long for use in PocketC (using the desktop edition, and BMP2Hex). It doesn't generate tiles or anything.
iebnn

Postby Vilmos on Sun Mar 04, 2001 11:27 pm

I don't think we are talking about the same program...The one I am using is called BMPTOHEX not BMP2HEX, and I've released a game that used the split up strings created from the program, so it definately works.

I've emailed a copy to your account as posted here, try it out and see if it suits your needs better.

Vilmos
Vilmos

Return to PocketC for Palm OS