Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Pocket C capability

Pocket C capability

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby wayne on Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:16 pm

Hello, I don't know much about programming in C and I'm a little frustrated w/ backup programs available on the market for me to use w/ my T3 and SD card. I have an interest in having an application that does multiple incremental backups of selected files (my tasks, memos, pocket money files, databases etc.)

Is Pocket C a good choice for a beginner programmer in C to write a program that has a GUI for selecting files, using a timer of sometype to execute (or ask to execute), verify directory structure and space on the SD card, and finally, move/copy/delete files as needed on the SD card?

Thank you for the feedback - wwc
wayne

Postby jstadolnik on Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:21 pm

PocketC currently doesn't have VSF support. Though given that Orbforms now can handle external memory cards, PocketC may soon have this functionality.

PocketC also has no alarm support, such that a PocketC app cannot be made to wake up at a specified time. (OrbForms doesn't support alarms either.)

That said PocketC is probably not a good fit for your needs.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby wayne on Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:05 pm

Sadness.

I'm willing to forgo the alarm function for the moment. Orbforms cost $55, for the moment I'm reluctant to spend that money on something that, at best, I would put out there as freeware. I purchased PocketC a year or so back just t continue fiddling with some language.

My impression is that Orbforms is independent of PocketC, as in no cross upgrading and one doesnot require the other. If I'm wrong would someone please correct me.

Does anyone have suggestions regarding other solutions to my wannabe programing interest? (I apologize to Orbworks for inviting a discussion of other programming solutions, but I would like to note I didn't do it until PocketC didn't work out) Do I need to download the 'serious' C development stuff that Palm lists for developers?

Thanks for continued help- wwc
wayne

Return to PocketC for Palm OS