Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Is PocketC applets easy to be decompiled?

Is PocketC applets easy to be decompiled?

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby lcb on Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:45 am

I'm afraid that my PocketC applets be decompiled.
lcb

Postby Mikael on Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:33 pm

Not quite sure what you mean by decompiled - but I think you're asking whether it's possible for people to crack your programs and read your source code, get past passwords, registration info etc. I did see a site once which shows how to crack .prc apps and do the above things using PilrcEdit (but I'm not going to endorse it).

Hope I understood the question properly.

Ni xiede keneng shi zhege yisi ba?

Mikael
Mikael

Postby lcb on Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:31 am

Yes!I'm asking for people to crack my programs and read my source code.

"Ni xiede keneng shi zhege yisi ba?"------Shide Xiexie.
Are you from china?
lcb

Postby dewey on Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:12 am

Any program can be disassembled (even native applications on Palm, Windows, Mac, or Linux). There are no tools currently that disassemble PocketC apps, and the format is not published (although any format can be reverse engineered). However, recreating source code from a .prc is not possible, since much of the data in the source file (variable names, comments, some structure) is lost when compiling.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby Mikael on Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:26 pm

No I'm English, but now live in Denmark. Wo yijing xuele ji niande zhongwen, keshi yinwei wo hen lan, suoyi wo de shuiping hai suan hen di. Dele! I'll stop now before I turn this into a chatroom instead of a forum.

Mikael
Mikael

Postby lcb on Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:54 am

Mikael,Your Chinese is excellent!It's better than my english.

Xianzai wo zhengzai xie yige yingwenban de ruanjian,yihou hai qing duo bangzhu.Ruguo ni you shenme zhongwen fangmian de wenti wo ye hen leyi bangzhu ni.

My Email:changbo@21cn.com
lcb

Postby IkilledKenny on Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:25 pm

I know this post is REALLY old but I want to reply anywho... First of all, can you tell me what the China words say? And secondly, the fine folks at the PWG ( http://www.pilotwarez.com ) has a whole page on there site dedicated to showing how to use many programs to crack PocketC programs... It isn't hard. It <i>HAS</i> gotten harder to crack regular programs for the Palm OS which is a great thing. Because of the limitations of PocketC the code that can be coded to use a registration system usually comes down to a:

if (regcode==1) {
regdprogy=1;
} else {
regdprogy=0;
}

type thing. All one has to do is find where this is in the code of the compiled program and change the 0 in the else statement to a 1 thus forcing the program to recognize regdprogy as a one or true... this allows the cracker to use any regcode to register, or at least THINK it's registered, the application.

I know how to do this in more detail, but will not go into it...

I suggest to give your registration system written into your application a LOT of bells and whistles... moving the registration info to MANY variables and changing the amount in the if part of the above statement to anything other than 1... maybe something down the line of 1,000+ And change that with other code often. Also, make the code be based on the hotsync id... either the number of letters in it or the bit length... so on and so forth. I have done this and have made it so that no matter the length of the Hotsync name the regcode still is no more than 15 characters in length... this is the code itself that is generated - it isn't truncated... This doesn't necessarily decrease or increase the chances of your application being cracked?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ but it certainly helps! I do have a question though... I currently store the registration info in a DB... I suggest doing this so as to not make the user have to register that program EVERY time. The thing is I would like to store this info in "Saved Preferences" but I do not know how to open it and write to it... any help here?

Visit my site for Palm OS game cheats at:
http://www.palmcheaterguy.4t.com: A place for all your Palm OS Games Cheat Codes... And if you don't find the game you want to cheat on... simply send in the request from the form right on the site!!

"If you see kenny today, tell him I'm sorry for killin him yesterday."
--Cartman
Visit my site for Palm OS game cheats at:
http://www.palmcheaterguy.4t.com: A place for all your Palm OS Games Cheat Codes... And if you don't find the game you want to cheat on... simply send in the request from the form right on the site!!

"If you see kenny today, tell him I'm sorry for killin him yesterday."
--Cartman
IkilledKenny

Postby lcb on Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:58 am

Thank you.

" I know this post is REALLY old but I want to reply anywho... "
Wo Zhidao Zhege Tiezi Yijing Henjiu le,Dan Wo Haishi Xiang Huifu Yixia.
lcb

Return to PocketC for Palm OS