Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - OS 5 new to me

OS 5 new to me

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby stefangrove on Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:29 am

Hello

Up to now, I have tested my apps using Palm Emulator. Recently I downloaded the simulator to see what happens in OS5. It wasn't good. Maybe it overreacted (was a debug ROM).

Is there anything I should be doing or not doing for my applications written with PocketC & ToolboxLib to run under OS 5? (Please consider me 100% dummy!:))

Stefan
stefangrove

Postby dewey on Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:52 pm

What problems are you having?
dewey
Site Admin

Postby stefangrove on Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:13 am

Here's the errorlog. I don't know what it means, but the exact same prc works perfectly on a 4.1 emulator.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">[PALMonome] i:\banzai\arm\core\emul68k\src\emul68kcommon.c, Line:1594, Index out of range
[PALMonome] i:\banzai\arm\core\emul68k\src\emul68kcommon.c, Line:1594, Index out of range
[PALMonome] i:\banzai\arm\core\emul68k\src\hardware68k.c, Line:1068, Calling HwrDisplayAttrs w/set
[PALMonome] i:\banzai\arm\core\emul68k\src\hardware68k.c, Line:1102, Err from HwrDisplayGetAttributes
[PALMonome] i:\banzai\arm\core\emul68k\src\hardware68k.c, Line:1068, Calling HwrDisplayAttrs w/set
[PALMonome] i:\banzai\arm\core\emul68k\src\hardware68k.c, Line:1102, Err from HwrDisplayGetAttributes
[PALMonome] i:\banzai\arm\core\emul68k\src\emul68kcommon.c, Line:1594, Index out of range
[PALMonome] i:\banzai\arm\core\emul68k\src\control68k.c, Line:1305, Not a graphic control
[PALMonome] i:\banzai\arm\core\emul68k\src\control68k.c, Line:1305, Not a graphic control
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

:x Stefan
stefangrove

Postby jstadolnik on Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:55 pm

The simulator and emulator are actually quite different under the hood and can be expected to behave a little differently, especially when some of the obscure OS features are used.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Calling HwrDisplayAttrs w/set

The above are likely a result of the PToolbox Backlight() call. The palmOS provides no official way to get or set the backlight state, so I have to use unofficial (and potentially unsupported in the future) API to pull it off. These warnings shouldn't be a problem, I've had no reports of Backlight() crashing any machine.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

These occur when a button is deleted and are harmless. Up to now there has been only one reliable way to detect if a button is graphical (has bitmaps) or not. I need to know this when a button is destroyed so as to determine whether to free the text string associated with it or not. The API I currently use to do this detection kicks out the warning. According the SDK documentation what I'm doing is fine, but the simulator barks about it. Fortunately, the new OS5.3 SDK provides an alternative means of detecting if a button is graphical. I haven't gotten around to testing yet, but in the mean time I wouldn't be concerned by this.

I have no clue what is causing this one. I would suggest playing with your app on the simulator until you an reproduce the warning, and then track it to the exact line in your code.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby stefangrove on Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:02 pm

thanks, I'll check it out.

I think debug sux. But only because I'm a fool. :mrgreen:
stefangrove

Return to PocketC for Palm OS