Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - PocketC exits to prefs when home button is pressed

PocketC exits to prefs when home button is pressed

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby Aaron Halbert on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:52 pm

I have noticed that my PocketC apps always exit to the prefs screen when the home button is pressed. I tried to prevent this by scheduling an exit() using atexit, yet I can't even seem to get atexit to do a thing. Anybody have any suggestions regarding how to get around this problem?

Aaron
Aaron
Aaron Halbert

Postby Aaron Halbert on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:56 pm

I should mention that this program runs in an endless loop (not while(1) though) and therefore has no good way to call exit() because there is no real end, which is why I tried to use atexit.

Aaron
Aaron
Aaron Halbert

Postby jstadolnik on Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:59 pm

If PocketC does return to the pref screen when the home button is pressed then this is really a bug in PocketC. I would suggest emailing orbworks (Jeremy) about it (dewey@orbworks.com).

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby Aaron Halbert on Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:31 am

Yeah, I saw your post about this in the Ptoolbox forum. However, you have caught me off balance -- You're saying this NEVER has happened to you? It's been this way for a long time, ever since I first used PocketC at version 2.0 or so. I don't think it's a bug.

Aaron
Aaron
Aaron Halbert

Postby jstadolnik on Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:54 am

This should only happen when return is called from main() function, or if the a program reaches the end of main().

I just ran some test with some of my apps, and they all return to the launcher screen when I touch home. I'm not using any hook commands with these apps.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby Aaron Halbert on Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:17 am

I cleaned the code up because it really needed it, and I reworked the loop so that a proper exit() could be called at the end of the program -- it works fine now. Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Aaron
Aaron
Aaron Halbert

Return to PocketC for Palm OS