Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - I'm going outside to sit in the snow for a while!

I'm going outside to sit in the snow for a while!

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby Mikael on Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:20 pm

Can somebody please explain why the following snippet works:

SetBuffers(){
SetDepth(8);
graph_on();
hookhard(1);
//Setup buffers
OpenBmpDb("TestBmps");
SetDrawBuf(1);
SetDrawBuf(2);
ClearBuf();
FastBmp(0,0,3000);//background
SetDrawBuf(0);//get ready to copy
ClearBuf();
CopyBuf(0,2);//copy background to buf 0
SetDrawBuf(1); //get ready to draw
ClearBuf();
CopyBuf(1,2);
TransBmp(x,y,36,37);//object in ready position
CopyBuf(0,1);
leftOn=true;
atStart=true;
Draw();//move object according to user input
}

along with this one:

SetBuffers(){
int Load;
SetDepth(8);
OpenBmpDb("TestBmps");
Load=Fctl(LOAD,4000);//form
Fctl(DRAW,4000);
alert(Load);
//Setup buffers
hookhard(1);
//blah blah

but not this one:

SetBuffers(){
SetDepth(8);
OpenBmpDb("TestBmps");
Fctl(LOAD,4000);//form
Fctl(DRAW,4000);
//Setup buffers
hookhard(1);
//blah blah

When I say they work I mean the bitmap called in TransBmp is pasted - whereas in the last example, it appears for a split second before disappearing. I'm basically trying to substitute my own form for the graphics form but can't work out why the third example is a dead duck.

I'm going outside to sit in the snow for a while - it might clear my head!

thanks in advance,

Mikael :(
Mikael

Postby jstadolnik on Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:19 am

Under the hood Fctl LOAD and Form() both call graph_on() first if a user hasn't done so aleady (the forms clean up right is this doesn't occur). This automatic calling of graph_on() happens once per "run" though, and only if the user hasn't done so already.

If there is a bug in the Fctl LOAD command which is causing graph_on() to not be called, you might see the effect you are observing. Try putting a graph_on() call before your Fctl(LOAD,4000) line and see what happens.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby Mikael on Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:53 am

Sorry Joe,

graph_on() had no effect, though the following did:

SetBuffers(){
int Load, Load2;
SetDepth(8);
OpenBmpDb("TestBmps");
Load=Fctl(LOAD,4000);
Load2=Fctl(DRAW,4000);
Load=Load2;

I've no idea why this useless assignment did the trick.

Mikael
Mikael

Postby jstadolnik on Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:04 am

Are you using PocketC v6.5? If so, I suspect something flaky is going on with this new version, as adding variable assignments should have no effect.

If this is the case, I would swing this by Jeremy and see what he says (dewey@orbworks.com).

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby Mikael on Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:15 pm

I am using v6.5. I've just put the relevant code into a test app - just to make sure that it wasn't a false alarm or that some other part of the app was causing the problem and have got the same result.
I'll pass it on as suggested.

Thanks,

Mikael
Mikael

Return to PocketC for Palm OS