Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - PocketC 6.5 problems.

PocketC 6.5 problems.

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby sheik on Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:31 pm

Compiling the database_demo,which comes as examples in Ptoolbox,with PocketC registered 6.5 is causing an error when running on Palm OS Simulator(OS5).
The problem disappears either when removing the DBgetrec() function or when compiling with the earlier version of PocketC.

The error message is:
l:\Banza?ɬØ\ARM\Emul68k\src\common.c,Line:1914,Invalid ptr;80F00cd.

sheik
sheik
sheik

Postby dewey on Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:48 am

PocketC 6.5 changed the internal representation of strings slightly (for compatibility with the upcoming OS 6). This change has an unexpected side effect of breaking native library functions that write strings directly to memory.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby SyPDA on Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:39 am

I suppose you are trying to solve this issue? :)
SyPDA

Postby dewey on Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:05 pm

This will require an update to PToolbox, which I have informed Joe of.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby jstadolnik on Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:11 pm

Unfortunately, the changes required by the new v6.5 are signficant and will need quite a bit of coding and test work on my part to resolve. I'd don't have much time to spare these days, so this is going to take a while.

In the mean time, I would suggest using the previous version of PocketC.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby cable_guy_67 on Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:59 pm

Joe,

Do you have a list of the affected functions yet? If you do could you post it. I would hate to have to drop back to 6.1.0 but there are a large number of functions in PtoolBox that are affected that might be a necessity. I dread the thought of having to go back over code that may now break due to this problem. Thanks in advance.

Mark
cable_guy_67

Postby jstadolnik on Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:32 am

Pretty much any function which returns a string, either directly or indirectly (through a pointer) is busted with PocketC v6.5. This goes for all native libraries, not just the PToolboxLib. Jeremy changed something under the hood to support OS6 which caused return string behavior to break across the board for native libs.

Unfortunately I've been really tied up lately have not had the time to do the updates.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby cable_guy_67 on Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:58 am

Thanks for the info Joe. I have a feeling that these functions will compile just fine until they are hit at runtime. I was afraid it would be that global. Sounds like there will be some unsimplifing of code in my future.

Yeah, I realize this is across the board, but I only use PtoolBox and Built-in functions. It has been altogether to easy to use your library alongside the built-in functions. All I need is a choice from the help menu to open your docs. ;)

As far as the time goes, I don't remember signing any paychecks so I guess I can just sit back with the masses and wait for the next release. May you have time in due time...

Mark
cable_guy_67

Postby dewey on Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:12 am

Functions that return strings are not affected, only functions that modify strings in memory (e.g. a pointer is passed to the function which it uses to write strings into an array) are broken.
dewey
Site Admin

Return to PocketC for Palm OS