Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - help with PAR please!

help with PAR please!

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby Greedo51 on Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:54 am

My game has a splash screen that is an 8-bit 160x160 bitmap created with artBMP. It works fine. However I want to use one that I have created with paint shop pro on my pc. I have successfully created the .rcp file and used Pilrc correctly. But how <u>exactly</u> do I use PAR to make the .prc that I need to hold my bitmap? Nothing I have tried has worked. PAR is very very confusing to me :(

Please please help! 8)
Greedo51

Postby Mikael on Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:32 pm

I also use PSP, so try either of the following:

@cid "BLAH";
@ver "1.0";
@dbname "Blah";
@name "Blah";
@licon1 "large1.bmp";
@sicon1 "small1.bmp";

@cmd "par a Blah.prc your_PSP_bmp.prc";

or from the DOS prompt, navigate to the folder where your app and .bmp reside (making sure par.exe is in the same directory),

par a Blah.prc your_PSP_bmp.prc

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Mikael
Mikael

Postby Mikael on Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:35 pm

Sorry, forgot to mention that if you use the first method, you must still make sure that par is in the same directory as your app and .bmp otherwise par will still appear to work but the .bmp won't be embedded.

Mikael
Mikael

Postby Mikael on Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:45 pm

Sorry again,
I've just reread your question and am confused. Assuming you have used PilRc correctly you should already have a .prc file with you .bmp onboard. You would have achieved this by placing PilRc in the same directory as your rcp file and typing:

pilrc -ro My_bmp.rcp My_bmp.prc

This would give you a .prc file with your .bmp inside, which you would then embed into your .prc application with PAR-using the methods described above.

Hope that clears it up.

Mikael
Mikael

Postby Greedo51 on Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:34 pm

Thanks Mikael! Everything is working now! Woo hoo! :):):)
Greedo51

Return to PocketC for Palm OS