Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Using the Bluetooth manager with seropenx

Using the Bluetooth manager with seropenx

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby SyPDA on Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:25 pm

Hi!

I'm totally stuck with using the new seropenx command. I took the Chat.c sample and replaced the IR port (0x8001) by the Bluetooth port (0x7266636D). I also changed the send routine to only send one byte (

Code: Select all
// BTChat

main() {
int ret;
  clear();
  puts("BT Chat\n");
  ret = seropenx(0x7266636D,57600);
  puts("seropenx() - " + ret + "\n");
  sersend(65); // Should be an 'A'
  serclose();
}

After the start of this program the following happens:

1. The Bluetooth manager shows up and searches for a device.
2. It presents the list of found devices. I select my second Palm.
3. A popup with 'Connecting' appears.
4. A popup on the second Palm appears which is also reading 'Connecting'.
5. Both popups disappear. That's it. Nothing more.
6. The return value is 780 not 0 as one would expect after a successful connection.

After this failure I wrote a program to receive data for the second Palm.

Code: Select all
// BTChat2

main() {
int ret;
  clear();
  puts("BT Chat\n");
  ret = seropenx(0x7266636D,57600);
  while (1) {
   if (serdata()) puts((char)serrecv());
  }
  // This line included for completeness
  serclose();
}

This is what happens:

Starting BTChat2 (Receiver)
2. It presents the list of found devices. I select my first Palm.
4. A popup on the first Palm appears which is also reading 'Connecting'.
5. Both popups disappear.
6. The return value is 780.
7. The device is in Standby and waits for data (maybe?).

Starting BTChat (Sender) on the first Palm to send the 'A'
2. It presents the list of found devices. I select my second Palm.
4. A popup on the second Palm appears which is also reading 'Connecting'.
5. Both popups disappear.
6. The return value is 780. No byte value was send. Nothing is shown on the second Palm.

It's driving me crazy... :mrgreen:

I got several questions now:

1. @Dewey: Do you have a sample program for using the bluetooth manager via seropenx? :)

2. While using seropenx(0x7266636D, 57600), is the baud value important? Could it be zero.
(Btw: I tried different values but nothing changed).

3. Did anyone else ever use the bluetooth support?

4. What is the meaning of life anyway?

Hopefully someone has an answaer to one or more of my questions.

Thanks in advance.
SyPDA

Postby dewey on Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:33 am

I've never used bluetooth. However, what I can tell you is that 780 is "serErrConfigurationFailed".
dewey
Site Admin

Return to PocketC for Palm OS